We are the United Reformed Church in Brislington; a part of a much wider denomination with about 1500 local churches from Orkney to Cornwall. We have been here in Brislington for over 100 years!
Who is the United Reformed Church? We are a family of Christians, worshipping in the name of Jesus
- ‘Reformed’ means that we delight in the Bible, we do not fear change, and we try to run our churches in ways that take everyone’s insight and contribution seriously.
- ‘United’ is an important part of our story. We started when English Presbyterians merged with English and Welsh Congregationalists in 1972. Churches of Christ joined in 1981 and Scottish Congregationalists in 2000. We still work as closely as we can with Christians of all traditions and styles.
- And we are one ‘Church’. We aim to grow through supporting one another and taking decisions together.
- With the whole Christian Church
- the United Reformed Church believes in one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The living God, the only God,
- Ever to be praised.
Our Church has an enviable position on the main A4 Bath road. We face the oncoming traffic giving us the perfect advantage for our wayside pulpit posters.
As well as being a Church the building is used by the community for various activities.
These are listed on the wayside pulpit.
We look forward to seeing you!